Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Vow

So I just got done watching "The Vow". First impression, not what I thought it was going to be. Second impression, I kinda liked it. At first I was really annoyed when I realised that it wasn't a gonna have a typical fairy tale ending (we all know how much I love my fairy tales), but then I thought let's be realistic; this movie would be really long (even including passage of time) if they really showed how they fell in love with each other again. So I said okaaaayyyyy.......

Then I went to google to see what critics thought about it, because a) Channing Tatum (though quite the eye candy) is still lacking a lot a bit in the acting department, b) Rachel McAdams' acting was very different from her usual stuff (in my opinion of course) and c) It's based on a real story!!!

I am always interested to discover the truth behind a movie, so of course I consulted my bff and I was indeed surprised. About the only thing that stuck to the story was that they were married, they had an accident, and the wife lost her memory. Guess what, they were Christians?! (Say whaaattttttt?!) Annnndddddd in real life they didn't get a divorce! They stuck with it, which is pretty cool since they now are happy together (they haven't given us a reason to believe otherwise) and they have two children. She also NEVER regained her memory. Which is also very interesting, and extremely commendable (on the husband's part). There are lot's of people who would have given up, but they didn't. The couple, in an interview with Fox News said that they relied heavily on their faith to keep their marriage going, Phillipians 4:13 moment "I can do anything through Christ who strengthen's me." Picking up the pieces of a life upset by an accident, which resulted in amnesia of one of the persons involved, I can only imagine could not have been very easy at all.

But back to the movie, the romantic in me is screaming "Yessssssss!!!" (hahahahaha) I liked it. After getting over my initial disappointment (because I thought it would have been waaayyy different) I realised that it was actually a good movie, minus the weird acting scenes and all that jazz. They still ended up together in the end, and that's all I really wanted to see anyways : ). I wouldn't buy it, or go out of my way to see it again, but it was a nice watch.

Yours,

Lizzie  : -)

No comments:

Post a Comment

d.e.b Errand and Referral Services