Sunday, March 11, 2012

On seeing a Prince

Of all the people in the world how many can say that they have seen a Prince? And no I don't mean on the television, or in a picture. A real live Prince less than five feet away!! I can now officially number myself among the few who have. HRH Prince Henry of Wales, commonly known as Prince Harry visited Jamaica last week as apart of the Diamond Jubilee tour of the Commonwealth nations Belize, the Bahamas and Jamaica. I saw him!!

It didn't happen as I thought it would have. My friends and I made elaborate plans none of which panned out. In the end I sent my friend with my camera up to the Faculty of Law on our university campus and resigned myself to the fact that though the Prince was a less than a mile away from me I would not get to see him because I forgot that I had a prior engagement which I could not cancel. How LAME!!! I would NEVER get an opportunity this good ever again, I cried a little inside. However, I must have done something right, because God bestowed upon me a most loving smile and allowed me to catch the procession it was leaving campus. It was then that I saw him! Not as great a story as I had hoped for when I envisioned it in my head, definitely not one for the grandkids, but I am happy nonetheless.

An acquaintance of mine actually shook his hand. She was determined, walked straight past the police officers and hid inside the Law Faculty until she spotted an opportunity, jumped at it and made her wish come through. I tell you bwoy confidence is a hell of a ting ennuh!

My pictures as usual are not that fantastic (they're quite terrible actually), but this time I have someone else to blame I believe she did the best she could though... ;-)

Blue Circle!! Blue Circle!!

This one is actually alot better (you can see his outline in the car) but not by much.

I must say though that this year so far has been quite an interesting one. I have already seen Celine Dion and Kes and the Band perform and last week I saw a Prince!! I don't know man this year is shaping up to be quite a GREAT one!!

Yours,

The Best is Yet to Come...:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

d.e.b Errand and Referral Services