Sunday, March 4, 2012

Kes and the Band

AAAAHHHHHH SOCCCAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! *sighs happily* Now I must admit I was never a soca fanatic. Strange coming from a Caribbean person right? WRONG! Actually there are lot's of people who, on realising my new love, have admitted to not really fancying the music genre. Maaannnnnnnnn are they missing out as I most definitely was.

There were always a few songs that I liked, for example the very popular "Roll it Gyal" by Alison Hinds, which doesn't even really have the typical "soca" sound if you catch my drift. Don't catch it? Let me introduce you to my best friend Gooooooggggllleeeeeee... ;-).

Now in preparation for Bacchanal (Jamaican Carnival) I started listening to soca, and I found myself enjoying it alot more than I thought I would. Then I went to Bacchanal Fridays and I swear "they had me at ticket please?" The music alone makes you feel excited and if you're not jumping and waving your flag/rag/towel or whatever you have on you, you are destined to stand out like a sore thumb. But wait it gets better! Kes and the Band were scheduled to perform and maaaaaannnnnnnnn dem did shooooottttttttt!!! Set the place a fire like nobody's business. Needless to say it was a great night and a fantastic wind down after a week of anatomy, haematology, neuroscience and cell biology *puke* Of course I was a maniac and went crazy with the pictures but don't worry "i'll hit you with my best shots"... (please laugh lol)


See some of his band and dancers


Not too bad for an amateur photographer huh?! 

Yours,

Di vibes cyan done...:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

d.e.b Errand and Referral Services