Sunday, August 5, 2012

He Did It Again!!

Usain Bolt did it agan!!  Now was there any doubt?! In my mind, no. In other people's mind, well a big resounding YES!

Why?

I can't really say for sure. Apparently there was news about injuries and I do recall him saying that he wasn't in his best shape possible but that was waaaaayyyy before the Olympics. Why on earth would we think that he wouldn't prepare?



There was also that time where Yohan 'The Beast' Blake beat him. At the JAAA trials. I was there. I saw the race. My personal opinion, it was an easy win for Bolt. But hey, what do I know? Needless to say, I called the win and I am proud that I was correct in my estimation. If I was a gambler, I would have made a pretty penny. I did not however call the second and third places correctly. I thought for sure it was going to be Bolt-Gaye-Blake race. Then I found out that Gatlin was running. So I changed my predictions to a Bolt-Gatlin-Blake race. I was correct in the top three, however as we now know Blake got the second place and Gatlin third.



It was brilliantly run! A 100m race with EVERYBODY running under 10 seconds?!(apparently the second fastest 100M race in HISTORY, bet you didn't know that!) Yes, yes, yes, Asafa Powell ran 11.99, so for all intents and purposes definitely not ten. However, he was injured, and before he succumbed to his injury he was right up there with the rest of them and he gave it his all. Still not convinced? Look at it this way, he ran 9.94 in the semifinals, with an injury that's pretty amazing. Once the race really got started, Bolt set the pace and won the race with a 9.63 setting a new Olympic record. With that and bearing in mind the fact that Powell kept with them for pretty much half the race, I'd say he did very well. He probably is feeling really down right now but sir Jamaica still loves you and is still behind you!! To Bolt and Blake, job well done, Keep up the good work, it ain't over yet!!




Yours,

O Ye of little faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment

d.e.b Errand and Referral Services