Wednesday, January 11, 2012

EPIC FAIL!!!

So I just tried to make chocolate pancakes with Strawberry cream cheese frosting. Ugh.... My pancakes never come out like the cool looking pancakes that you get in restaurants. But they're always yummy so it never really matters that much you know. The pancakes were not the problem in this recipe however. Those were tasty and fine, the frosting was the problem. Laziness will be the death of me I swear. I get all the ingredients together and I decide that using the electric mixer would be too much work so I decide to use a spoon and a whisk. BAD IDEA. Everything is going fine until I decide that it's time to start whisking and then the frosting started to clump and the butter separated out and started to gather together and the icing sugar did not mix in properly.

So I tried to salvage the mix by using the mixer-which I tried to avoid in the first place-and it helped a little but not that much. On tasting the disaster (mostly because I hate wasting food) it wasn't terrible which leads me to believe that if I had done the recipe correctly with the electric mixer then all would have been well or okay at least. I will try this again and it WILL work.

Yours,

Frosting troubles... :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment

d.e.b Errand and Referral Services