Tuesday, January 17, 2012

DIY Home Hot Oil Treatment

I've written alot about food lately! Breaktime!

DIY-ing hottest thing since sliced bread. Everybody is learning how to do things themselves these days! So I thought i'd ad my two cents to the mix, make everyone that much richer yah? I've done this on more than one occasion and the results are awesomeeeee!!

So hot oil treatments are very good for your hair and also tres expensive in the salons. So after browsing the web I came up with this simple recipe that does wonders and works just as well as the salon treatments. It makes use of items that many people have right in their kitchens. So you may not even have to spend any money at all. If you're anything like me then that alone is music to your ears.

You need approx. 1tbs. of honey to 3tbs. of oil. The amounts can be adjusted depending on the length and thickness of your hair. However this little recipe can go a long way. And yes I said oil ...and yes I mean cooking oil. Alternatively you can use coconut, canola or olive oil. Really whatever oil you can get your hand on will work. This mixture needs to now be combined and heated in the microwave for 20-30 secs. Using a spoon mix the ingredients together as well as you can (Note the mixture is never completely homogeneous and it separates out easily). Test the oil with your finger if it is too hot to touch then wait a minute or two before applying to your hair. You should feel comfortable touching it because you will be applying it by hand (application by hand is not necessary you can use a hair colour tint brush).

Now for application; I do it with my hands and I use gloves just so I don't get it all over oily hands are not attractive haha. This can get quite messy so a towel over your shoulders is necessary. Part your hair into four equal sections, and then apply the mixture  successively ensuring that as you grab from the container you have honey and oil on your hands. Saturate the sections equally. Place a shower/steam cap over your head and sit under the dryer for 15 minutes. If you don't have a dryer at home use a hair dryer and apply heat to your hair for 15 minutes. Then wash out and continue with your regular shampoo and conditioning regimen.

After this treatment my hair absorbs moisture and holds it alot better and is softer and lighter. With each treatment it gets better and better. I do this every two weeks but feel free to adjust it however you want it to fit your routines. I hope this works for you as well as it worked for me!

Yours,

Lizzie...:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

d.e.b Errand and Referral Services