Sunday, January 15, 2012

Cucumber whaaaaaaaa?!?!

So I have this rule where I don't eat after ten o'clock; long and short of it is that I try not to eat too late and I love to eat so I think ten is a really good compromise especially since I stay up late quite often ;-) In any case I was feeling a little peckish so to speak and I looked ta the clock and saw that it was 9.30 so I rush to the kitchen to try to find something I can throw together fast that's light and is somewhat healthy.

Now I have been reading for awhile; I just love, love, love, books! Can't get enough of 'em!! Now whenever I would read books that were set in England, post Victorian era I believe (can't really remember exactly) cucumber sandwiches were a VERY popular snack. They were the best thing since sliced bread! Now I don't know about you but that just sounds absolutely terrible. Not tasty at all! Now don't get me wrong I like cucumbers. By themselves? I could eat them all day-minus the skin of of course- but I mean it's vegetable and bread?! Not just any vegetable I might add, it's a vegetable that's wet. It has like 80% water or something (I don't really know I just made that up). But it just doesn't sound appetizing.

But I digress, that was just to give you a glimpse of what went through my head when I discovered this weird combination so to speak. So fast forward...there are cucumbers in the fridge...otay...and there's bread...alright, dare I try?! Ummmmmm...CHEESE!!!! So this is what happened:

bread+mayo+cheese+cucumbers+bread= meh.....

If you followed my equation then you may correctly assume that the sandwich wasn't really all polite English society led me to believe, but then again I didn't have high expectations. It wasn't bad, it served its purpose as a snack. It just wasn't good. Acquired taste maybe? Perhaps. However I am now determined to find the BEST CUCUMBER SANDWICH EVER!!! I'm gonna dress that sandwich up so good the cucumber won't even know what hit it! I'm talking sensory overload for your taste buds because It's gonna be sssoooo goooooddddd!! Those are some pretty high goals for someone who doesn't know her way around the kitchen.....i'd better get to work..... :-/

Yours,

Concombre....?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

d.e.b Errand and Referral Services