Tuesday, October 23, 2012

On Change....


This one hit home like nobody's business. I hate change. Yes hate is a strong word, and yes I am aware that I used it. When I have adjusted and am finally at peace with the last change that came my way, then something comes along and messes with my zen, not gonna lie I want to fight somebody. Especially when I am of the opinion that the change didn't have to happen because things were good how they were. I have absolutely no control over what is going to happen especially considering that I am not familiar with the new situation, this is why I despise change. 

When I saw this on Pintrest and I thought, "Why do you have to be so right?!" I am now in medical school. I am an aspiring oncologist. If someone told me ten years from now that I would be exactly where I am in my second year of medicine I would shoot them in the foot and call them a liar. So why am I afraid of change? It's bound to happen. 

At risk of sounding philosophical (as if! ; -)) this may be the reason for quite a bit of the problems that we have in the world today. As humans we are afraid of what we do not know (with reason!) and we strive to keep things the same. People preach it quite often too "Don't throw away what you know for what you do not know."  While that saying can be quite valid in life, at times (and I am sure that people can testify with various experiences) a little bit of change never hurt anybody and in some situations it works out for the better. The thing is that when change happens, it is our reaction to the situation that ultimately determines the outcome of the situation. So maybe we just need to think about our actions more. God knows people have been singing that song for centuries!! 


Yours,

It'll work out for the best....... ; -)

No comments:

Post a Comment

d.e.b Errand and Referral Services