Friday, November 2, 2012

Oh Sandy......

I can't even begin to tell you how grateful I am that Jamaica survived Hurricane Sandy so well. Well in comparison to the rest of the world I believe. And let me tell you we have had our fair share of hurricanes and devastation. Last I heard, we had only one fatal casualty and the majority of the damage was limited to flooding (destruction of homes and such) and a LOT of caved in roads!!!

This is something to be thankful for. My little pot of sunshine really can't handle any sort of damage whatsoever on the wide scale. There is so much that Jamaica has to be thankful for I only hope that we as a nation realise our blessings! It has been sung on many occasions how blessed we are as a nation, now if only we could live it!

My heart goes out to Haiti, not only could they not handle any more devastation, but apparently the majority of the Caribbean fatalities rose from there. I hope that the US, the Bahamas and Cuba are on their way to recovery, from all angles it looks as if that is the case. What still boggles the mind is that Sandy for the most part danced between a category 1 and category 2 hurricane, however it seemed as if more damage was more devastating in one area as opposed to widespread category 5 hurricane so to speak. If that makes any sense to you at all, of course : -). IT is still a little odd to me that there was a hurricane this late in the year. Yes we are still in the hurricane season, so Sandy technically still has reasonable grounds for appearing, but in my limited 20 and a little bit year existence on this earth I can't recall ever getting anything past September.

This whole hurricane period was a little crazy. On the bright side the season ends at the end of November (insert moment to jump for joy here). Always look on the bright side! If you have been hit by the hurricane, I hope that the damage was not too terrible. If you were not hit by the hurricane, help someone who was if you can!

Yours,

Thankful... ; -)

No comments:

Post a Comment

d.e.b Errand and Referral Services