Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Rice Game

Hands up if you love rice!! (I wave frantically teehee) I really do love rice (smiles sheepishly). If cooked the way I like it, I could literally eat it everyday. Wait, I think I already do that hhmmmmm.....nehoooo

I happened upon this game quite by accident, don't ask for details, because they have escaped me. However it is addicting!!! Okay this is how it works you have different subjects areas in which you can play, English vocabulary is the first and remains, to my knowledge, the most popular subject area; other subject areas include (but are not limited to) humanities, chemistry, anatomy and SAT prep. Now I know that this has already begun to sound like a drag but stick with me here. So in whichever subject area you choose once you enter the site, you get multiple choice questions with increasing difficulty with every answer you get right. The deal maker (is that a real phrase?) here is that for each answer that you get right the website donates ten grains of rice to the United Nations World Food Programme. Isn't that awesome?!?! 

If you are any thing like me (here's to hoping.......j/k) whenever I find random little games or quizzes that test me on things that I have learned and should know, I get really competitive with myself (yes I said myself) and I constantly try to best my high score or level. I really go crazy with it, because I find myself with this ridiculous need to do it perfectly no mistakes whatsoever and if I screw up I don't continue. I stop, go right back to the beginning, and start again aiming for the perfect score. Maaannnnn writin' that all out and re-reading that is a little weird. Ah well on the bright side as a result of my craziness a family or a person who doesn't have means of sourcing a meal on their own, have a chance of some sort of a sustainable life as a result of this simple game. Which by the way costs you NOTHING........but time : -).

So please go on over to freerice.com and try it out, tell a friend who's doing SAT prep, have them test it out. If it turns out that you don't like it, it's okay i'm sure you'll get enough questions right to donate a meal to someone who needs it. 'Til next time thanks for your ears (or eyes rather but that sounds a lot more odd).





Yours,

Lizzie... : -)


2 comments:

  1. Hi Lizzie (Danielle?), thank you so much for such a fun and thoughtful post.

    So far, we've raised enough to feed over 5 million people, thanks to word of mouth. So we greatly appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem!! Lizzie/Danielle are both fine.

      Delete

d.e.b Errand and Referral Services