Monday, May 28, 2012

Pan Chicken Regionals

Man I don't know your all handling it, but I am DYING! This has got to be the hottest summer since, I don't know EVER?! I feel like every time I go outside I need to be back in the shower! It's ridiculous and it's only the end of May!

Well, today was, yet again, one of those ridiculously hot days but praise Jah the breeze was blowing!! Man what a relief!! It wasn't blowing as constantly as I would have hoped, but you know what they say; beggars can't be choosers! So i'll take what I can get thank you very much!

Today was also a very good day! It reminded me of how much I have missed living at home in the past five years. I went with my family to the annual Pan Chicken Competition. First time I heard of it was today and I do believe- God's willing-I will most def. make it a point to attend next year. It was wonderful! Now before you go expecting fireworks, let me remind you that I am very easily amused, which could be a good thing or a bad thing [but that's a topic for another day! ; -)]

I walked in not knowing what to expect, I figured we were going to do some eating, but man was I in for a treat. There was food everywhere! And if you know me, you know that one of the many ways to my heart is through my tum tum... ; -) In this competition, different chef's from all over the island compete for the best Pan Chicken in the various parishes (and Jamaica has 14 now there's a lesson for ya!). The first and second place winners (from each parish) that were chosen today then go on to compete again in the finals! All of the chef's have their own station where they are cooking up a storm and you have the chance to try their pan chicken awesomeness!

All in all it was a wonderful day and I enjoyed it I, did a little jewelry shopping from the vendors, got to sample Red Stripe's new light apple and lime flavours, spent quality time with my wonderful family, ate VERY good food and I got to eat a coconut!! I hadn't had one in such a long time!! It was heavenly!! So if you're ever in Jamaica at this time of year check out the Festival and even if you're not in Jamaica around this time of year you can get Pan chicken almost anywhere and LITERALLY almost any hour of the day. Even at 4 a.m.?! Yes even at 4 a.m.





l'apple et le lime

le dancing clown

Pile of boxes became this masterpiece which I think is just the beginning of Olympic celebrations....







Toodles,
Lizzie...: -)


No comments:

Post a Comment

d.e.b Errand and Referral Services