Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Mirror, Mirror

I definitely expected to fall in love with this movie. In the aftermath, when all is said, done and watched I have to say that I don't think it's the best thing since sliced bread, I definitely think it is a good movie. I expected humour, it delivered, I expected singing and dancing and it delivered (though more on that later).

It's a little different from the regular telling(Snow White doesn't eat the apple and "die"), but not that much departed from the popular version (Snow still ends up with the Prince in the end) happily ever afters were still very much in order. The seven dwarfs had different names, which was bad and not so bad, I could deal. There was a beast which turned out to be Snow's father (which I predicted, woot woot!) Also Snow was a thief?! Have I missed something? Because this isn't the only version with her being a thief (note "Once Upon a Time" on ABC) and i'm starting to wonder if it was in the original Grimm version (which I read, but now I have forgotten all except that it was depressing) and I can't recall if it was in the Disney version (highly doubt it) but I didn't really like that version anyways, it was entirely forgettable in my mind.

"It was a wonderful place the people were always singing and dancing..." end quote by Snow on visiting the village and finding the horrible state it was reduced to due to the Queen's negligence and misrule. Best line in the movie EVER!!! Simply because this lady (or the screenwriter rather) understands perfectly my view of life and how I believe it should be! Singing and dancing everyday would make the world such a better place. There would be a lot more happy people and happy people make a happy world, just my thoughts. I keep telling people life should be a musical (preferably with lots of beautiful and brightly coloured outfits and tights!) Now about that song and dance number(which I enjoyed)....would you expect Bollywood in this movie? Ponder that for a moment.

The movie also had a penchant for rhymes, "This is her first kiss, do not mess with me on this." by Napoleon the dwarf and "Tell them bread is meat, less is more...commoners love a good metaphor." by the Queen. In the second quote the end part rhymes not the beginning but you needed to see the whole thing haha.

I believe i've rattled on long enough about this movie, it is enjoyable, I recommend it. As to how much I would recommend it; well I usually judge movies by whether or not I would buy it, buying it suggests watching it more than once, which I would definitely do with this movie!!! There is definitely lot's more interesting stuff and little tweaks in the story which I enjoyed, and now it's your turn to go enjoy, so go go go Allez Allez Allez! Btw Julia Roberts is GORGEOUS in this movie ans Sean Bean is in it! yay!





Yours,

I wonder how Snow White and the Huntsman will fare?... : -)

No comments:

Post a Comment

d.e.b Errand and Referral Services